"Nurturing Truly Internationally-Minded Leaders"
Tokyo International University (TIU) is a leading global university located in the heart of Japan. Through the English Track (E-Track) Program, TIU offers four-year, fully accredited, internationally recognized bachelor’s degree programs taught in English. E-Track students can major in Business Economics (B.A.), Digital Business & Innovation (B.S.), or International Relations (B.A.).
No Japanese language ability is required to apply; students can take TIU language courses from beginner to advanced and business levels. With over 1,300 students from 68 countries and a world-class faculty, TIU fosters a truly international learning environment. In addition to offering excellent courses, TIU provides exceptional student support through the International Exchange Office and Peer Assistant Network, helping international students feel safe and welcome.
The TIU Career Center offers internship opportunities, one-on-one career counseling, and other services designed to help students maximize their competitiveness in the job market. TIU’s campus is located in Kawagoe, Saitama, and central Tokyo is easily accessible by train. In Fall 2023 the university will open a new campus in central Tokyo – just walking distance from Ikebukuro Station. Exploring Tokyo and its surrounding areas is a fun and important part of TIU student life.
Tokyo is a vibrant metropolis that blends traditional Japanese culture with new trends and ultramodern technology, making the city perpetually fascinating. Tokyo consistently ranks high in various global city rankings. It is one of the safest cities in the world and offers plenty of job and internship opportunities, making it an ideal location for international students.
TIU Tuition Reduction Scholarships, which reduce the tuition fee by 30, 50, 80, or 100 percent, are available. Applicants with previous experience in Model United Nations (MUN) may also apply for the TIU MUN Scholarship, which waives the enrollment fee. Join us, and see how TIU can help you prepare for a successful global career!
Tokyo International University
- Courses taught entirely in English through the English Track Program
- 6,500+ students enrolled across four campuses
- 1,400+ international students currently enrolled at TIU
- 4th most international university in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area (Times Higher Education, JP 2021)
- 75 countries represented by current TIU students (2022)
- 75% ratio of international faculty at TIU (2022)
- 97.6% job offer rate for TIU international students (2021 to '22)
- 95% TIU international students experienced growth (4th Year Students Survey, 2021)
- 5th safest city in the world <Tokyo> (The Economist, 2021)
- 7th Best Student Cities <Tokyo> (QS Quacquarelli Symonds, 2023)
i.e. Bachelor, Technician, Vocational
English Track Program
Undergraduate Programs Taught in English
- Business Economics (BA)
- Digital Business & Innovation (BSc)
- International Relations (BA)
i.e. Master's, Doctorate, MBA
Master (English Track)
- Digital Business & Innovation (M.S.)
- Economics (M.A.)
- International Relations (M.A.)
Ph.D. / Doctorate (English Track)
- Digital Business & Innovation (Ph.D.)
- Economics (Ph.D.)
i.e. Online program, Exchange programs, Language Schools
- TIU Tuition Reduction Scholarship (30%, 50%, 80%, or 100% tuition fee reduction)
- TIU Model United Nations Scholarship (enrollment fee waiver)
- Other scholarships (see TIU E-track website)
For more information on scholarships and fees, visit:
Materials and Downloads
Brochures, Application Guides, Scholarship Information